Exhibitions, festivals, and prizes
In collaboration with the Gaudeamus Foundation in Bilthoven and VARA-Radio Hilversum, Kayn helps to establish the Forum der neuen Musik series at the Goethe-Institut, and in collaboration with other museums and the Goethe-Institut creates the series film + experiment, which would run nationwide until 1989 in ten cities.
1970: Kayn is appointed to the jury of the Angelicum Edizioni-Suvini-Zerboni Competition in Milan.
Prizes and awards
- Hamburg Bach-Prize, 1957
- Best work by a foreigner – first prize, Karuizawa Festival, Japan, 1958
- Rome Prize, 1960
- Second prize in chamber music, Concorso Internazionale di Composizione della SIMC for Vectors I, 1962
- Second prize, Concorso Internazionale di Composizione della SIMC for Schwingungen, 1963
- First prize, Biennale de Paris for Schwingungen, 1965
- Prize of DM 2.47.- by GEMA for the 1975 performance of Simultan at the International Festival, Bourges, 1980