Exhibitions, festivals, and prizes
Kayn at the “Computer + Kunst” Symposium in Amsterdam, March 1971. From left to right, A. B. Frielink, Kayn, Max Bense, Jan Aler.
Flyer for the exhibition “From music box to music computer” at the van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, January 1976.
1967: Kayn receives an invitation to participate as a jury member at the Paris Biennale.
1963: Schwingungen is awarded the second prize at the Concorso Internazionale di Composizione della SIMC.
1969: Cybernetics III premières at the Festival Internazionale di Musica Contemporanea in Venice.
Kayn at the Karuizawa Festival in Japan, 1958.
1966: Andrzej Markowski performs Allotropie with the Orchestra Sinfonica della RAI Torino for the first time at the Warsaw Autumn Festival.
1979: Performance of Makro II at the Warsaw Autumn Festival.
1980: Szabolcs Esztényi gives the Polish première of Quantum at the Warsaw Autumn Festival.
1981: The Studio Teatr in the Palace of Culture in Warsaw gives five performances of Cosmic Circus at the Warsaw Autumn Festival.
Prizes and awards
- Hamburg Bach-Prize, 1957
- Best work by a foreigner – first prize, Karuizawa Festival, Japan, 1958
- Rome Prize, 1960
- Second prize in chamber music, Concorso Internazionale di Composizione della SIMC for Vectors I, 1962
- Second prize, Concorso Internazionale di Composizione della SIMC for Schwingungen, 1963
- First prize, Biennale de Paris for Schwingungen, 1965
- Prize of DM 2.47.- by GEMA for the 1975 performance of Simultan at the International Festival, Bourges, 1980